Saturday, August 7, 2010

Liz day!

"Praaa"

Yayyy Friday night :D we just had our dinner and were planning to watch some movie in my laptop. We wanted to watch Knight and Day but since the print was not good we finally decided on “once upon a time in Mumbai”. There was no Tom cruise on the the screen so I could blink my eyes and also can afford to have a glimpse of outside world. I was checking if all the windows are closed properly and then I saw something moving on the floor. It was a very small lizard of about half inch in size. I showed Jini “lizard lizard..” she said “don’t say it loud..arch ll get scared! ”. Arch was deeply involved in the movie mesmerized by the pretty faces of the heroines. So she couldn’t hear us even though we were sitting on the same bed. And then at 12 O'clock, arch screams “lizard lizard!!” and we both pretended “ohh where is it..where where?” She paused the movie and said “catch the lizard” to both of us. Jini already killed a lizard accidentally last week so she dint want to do it. I was scared of lizards so “no way!”. Arch started describing the places from where it could pop-out if we left it in the home. I couldn’t bear those thoughts so I said get the broom I ll try. The plan was to somehow make liz ( Im getting goose bumps every time I write the word lizard.. so I named it liz for now ) move till the door without touching or squeezing it. The moment I tried hitting liz’s nearby space with broom, it ran and hid under the fridge and I couldn’t see it. We had to think of someother plan. We missed Sheryl this moment as she said once “if there is a liz in our house, I ll catch it with tail and throw it out” Catch it with tail?!! Yaks. Only God knows if she is really gonna do it. Jini said “If we use broom it will get squeezed…we need something else…aah..may be a cup or something like that to cover it and keep it moving till the door”. I pointed a shoe box and said we can use it. So Jini was holding the lid of the shoe box in her hand on one side of the fridge and I was standing on the other side. Arch was standing a bit far from where she can see the liz and was directing me to keep moving the liz towards Jini’s side. Liz was very scared and was trying to climb the fridge. Finally after halfanhour I could push it on to Jini’s side and she slowly placed the shoe box on it. She slowly started moving the thing towards the door. When she reached the door we dint know what to do! As there is a small step there, we cant move the shoe box anymore. We had to find someother way. I got a paper and placed it on the floor. I asked Jini to keep moving it on to the paper so that the shoe box is covered at the bottom with this paper and then we can roll it on top and throw it out. She kept moving and damn!! the paper had a hole! Somehow three of us together managed to cover the shoe box with paper completely with me standing outside the door and Arch and Jini inside. Jini started lifting the shoebox slowly and then suddenly liz fell down. All three of us screamed and I was trying to move backward and I tripped and fell screaming. Technically liz was as far as Antarctica is! I really don’t remember why I was trying to run away. Then I guess Jini put an end to our drama of not killing  liz and she lifted it with broom and threw the broom in to the balcony. Arch was saying “throw it in to the mans house who shouted at us” hehe. When we came in, Jini and Arch burst out laughing. Arch said “what a dramatic queen you are! You fell in a perfect tv-serial type…and ended up in a perfect bollywood pose!” It happened in a fraction of a second, so I don’t remember how I fell but I do remember the end pose and it was something like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment